Question : Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 Not Responding during login  - Hang

Yesterday we updated our current GP installation to SP4 and WennSoft Featured pack1 on server and client machines and after this installation server is working perfectly, whereas the client machine (which is also a terminal server) is having a login problem during login. It hangs after you select the company. We have currently 4 databases and all of them are the same.
I have trired all the knowledege base suggesions but no result.

We are using 64bit Windows 2008 R2 Server. The ODBC connections are tested and working.

We have tried the following Microsoft Knowledgebase articles without any result:

849708 Error message when you try to log on to a company in Microsoft Great Plains or in Microsoft Dynamics GP: "Stored Procedure smCleanupFilesBeforeLogin returned the following results: DBMS: XXX, Great Plains: XXX"
https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;849708

865691 SM_Clean_Up_Files - DBMS: 0 Dynamics: 20505
https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;865691

Kindly assist us to fix this issue ASAP.

Answer : Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 Not Responding during login  - Hang

Hi,

It looks like you are using an AddIn that is getting an error when GP is launched now that SP4 and WS FP1 is installed.

I would recommend trying to move all of the files in the GP AddIn folder to a temporary folder and then try launching GP (so that the AddIns folder is empty).  Or at least remove all files other than the files named "Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.......dll", which are standard MS AddIn files.

If GP launches okay, try moving the files back to the AddIn directory one by one to see which ones work and which ones fail.

Is there any file in the AddIns directory that looks anything like "AWRMRegistration.dll" or is similar in name?

Let me know if that test works and if you see any files like "AWRM".

Thanks,

Steve Endow
Dynamics GP Certified Trainer
Dynamics GP Certified Professional

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us