Question : What workarounds are available to paste an image into a sharepoint list form

I am developing a sharepoint helpdesk from scratch and wish to be able to paste an image into the main detalis section of the forms. The reason for this is my manager feels that asking users to save a file then attach it, or host it first and paste a link is too long winded for a user to simply add a screenshot of a problem.

I am aware however that the default rich text box does not support this feature directly. Is anyone able to give me some ideas of any possible workarounds I could use to implement a better method of adding images than is currently available (given that the source image will come from the clipboard).

I have Sharepoint designer but NOT Visual studio so javascript hacks would be ok. Paid for solutions would also be considered acceptable however I would prefer to avoid this if possible due to potential licencing restrictions (many are licenced per site collection for example).

(I am using the ms template for ideas but not using it as some attributes are sealed down that I wish to change)

Answer : What workarounds are available to paste an image into a sharepoint list form

Use the Telerik Rad Editor.  It's Rich Text Editing features include a really slick interface that can be used to add in image inline in the HTML.  In fact, it has nice tools to clean text pasted from Word.

There is a Lite version that is free and works well.

www.telerik.com
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us