Question : Can't change working time in project 2007

Hello,

My company recently implemented project server 2007. I am the administrator and am running into a problem where i can't change working time for any of my resources for an already published project. I do the following steps:

1. Open my project from PWA
2. View > Resource Sheet
3. Double click on a resource
4. Click Change Working Time...
5. At this point I can't add any exceptions. I click in the name column and can't add anything. On a related note, when I attempt to go to Tools > Change Working Time the Create New Calendar and Add Calendar to Enterprise options are greyed out. I am the site collection admin as well as the administrator on this machine.

What am I doing wrong?

Answer : Can't change working time in project 2007

Hi,

as Projectserver maintains all the resources in the Enterprise Resource Pool you only can change their working time from the Resource Center view. Goto to Resource Center, select the resource you want to change and click on "Open" in the tool bar. Now the Project Professional client opens and you can edit the exceptions to the resource's calendar. Please be aware that these exceptions apply to ALL projects (which is good) and that there is no per project exception or availibility (which is bad)

Good luck!

thausla
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us