Question : Configuring Exchange 2010 (Ports/DNS/Send and Receive Connectors)

I am setting up Exchange 2010 on Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit).  I have a domain which is controlled by dyndns.com through their "Custom DNS" service, with my router providing the updating for the dynamic dns.  Currently the server is acting as a domain controller as well as an exchange server and has IIS7 installed.

I have just done a "standard install" and have the mailbox, client access and hub transport roles installed. The current domain (dummy name) is domain.local and I want to use my domain registered with dyndns.com for the email (call it domain.com).

Couple of related questions about setting this all up:

1.  What do my DNS settings need to be. At the moment they are:

domain.com   A  80.5.153.38
domain.com  MX  10 mail.domain.com
mail.domain.com  A  80.5.153.38
www.domain.com  CNAME  domain.com
*.domain.com  CNAME domain.com

I would like anything to do with mail to use mail.domain.com (which points at my server).  I assume these DNS settings are correct?  I cannot ping the server although I can browse IIS/www.domain.com through IE so assume the DNS is set correctly.

2.  How do I go about setting up the external .com domain up in Exchange?  I have added domain.com as an accepted domain in Hub Transport (under Organization Configuration) and I have added an email address policy to use domain.com.

3.  How should I set up send and receive connectors?

4. What ports need to be open on my hardware (router) firewall and on my server firewall. The server is just using the standard Windows Firewall - I believe Exchange may have already taken care of this during installation.

I have managed to set up mailboxes for my AD users and can log into OWA.  I cannot however send or receive to those mailboxes.

Thanks in advance

Answer : Configuring Exchange 2010 (Ports/DNS/Send and Receive Connectors)

It could take a whilte to propogate through.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us