Question : AD and Sysvol Replication

Hi,

I just added a new 2008r2 DC in a branch office.  I've gone through the dcpromo successfully and added DNS services.  I just added a reverse lookup zone on the branch office server.  I can manually start a replication from the branch office server, however, when I try to do the same thing from the main office I get this error:

The following error occurred during the attempt to synchronize the domain controllers.
The naming context is in the process of being removed or is not replicated from the specified server.

The sysvol folder has replicated, but doesn't appear to be replicating changes at this point.  I this this may be due to the fact that I do not have a reverse lookup zone for the brach office subnet on the primary DNS server.  I thought this should replicate, but maybe I have to add it manually??   I'm at a loss and need some help.

Thanks

Answer : AD and Sysvol Replication

Verfiy all the AD related services(DNS ,FRS,KDC,Netlogon) is running with ability to telnet the ports to other dc's.

What you need to verify the correct subnet are created & respective subnet is mapped to their site.

The right protocol IP has to be selected for sites.

The site link should be created along with added sites & replication topology.

Nslookup should be able to reolve host to IP & vice versa.

The primary dns & alternate dns has to be confired on ADC.

If the connection object is missing you can create repadmin /kcc servername or else manual create the automation.

Sysvol has to be shared & easiely accessible with proper read right.

AD, Sysvol,dns,dhcp folder has to be excluded from antivirus scan.

Verify all this in problem as well as healthy dc,then try to force the replication using repadmin /replicate

Run repadmin /syncall /a /e /p & it should be successful.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us