Question : Adobe reader, attach to email uses wrong Outlook profile

I have an exchange 2003 environment with Outlook 2003 clients on XP Pro. There are multiple users on a workstation who all use a common domain logon (1 logon per workstation). Each user has their own Outlook profile with individual accounts/passwords which they select when starting Outlook.  When user 1 has his Outlook open and is using Adobe reader V9.1.0 and attaches an open .pdf file to an email it tries to use the wrong Outlook profile to send it. The email with the attachment sits in the outbox of user 2 until user 2 logs on to Outlook then it sends.

If user 1 selects the same .pdf from Windows explorer/my documents, right click -  send to/mail recipient there is no problem.

I am almost certain that it is a problem with Adobe reader but if anyone else can confirm this I can tell the client it is an Adobe problem and stop looking for a solution.

Answer : Adobe reader, attach to email uses wrong Outlook profile

Seems Adobe is selecting the first or default profile. I don't think Adobe is Outlook-aware, it just uses the default mail client with the default profile. When you start Outlook, in the selection list, the profile shown as default, is it the same as the one Adobe selects? If it is then try this: Change the default profile to another one, then send with Adobe. If it selects the new profile then you have proof that Adobe selects the default profile, not the current one.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us