Question : Remote printing under terminal services w/ HP PSC 1350

Remote printing under terminal services w/ HP PSC 1350

Hello all.

I am trying to print from a remote location under terminal services using a HP PSC 1350, plugged into my PC via a USB cable. The serve software is Windows SBS 2003. We have tried HP's universal print driver, PCL 5 & 6 and neither work with the 1350. I have tried to install the normal, basic driver on the server but it does not seem possible to do so without have the printer being directly plugged into the server. I have also tried to manually add the printer so the server has the driver avaliable but with these drivers you get the following:

autorun.inf
hpoglu08.inf
hpohub08.inf
hpoprn08.inf
hposcu08.inf
hpound08.inf
hpounp08.inf
hpousb08.inf
hpousc08.inf
hpzid412.inf
hpzid413.inf
hpzipr12.inf
hpzipr13.inf
hpzist12.inf
hpzist13.inf
hpzius12.inf
hpzius13.inf

Surely one of these files can be used when the add printer wizard asks for the drivers?

If not any other suggestions?

All help much appreciated.

Answer : Remote printing under terminal services w/ HP PSC 1350

Officially that is not a supported printer, see http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/tech/tech_TechDocumentDetailPage_IDX/1,1701,10076,00.html

They use the LIDIL Language (Lightweight Imaging Device Interface Language) and are host based devices.  I doubt you will get them working with any universal driver.  You could rig up a PDF printer and send the output to your workstation.  Then print locally.  
Furthermore, trying to add unsupported drivers will chance serious Print Spooler issues and should be closely monitored.  I would base all future purchasing decisions on the above document if you want TS/Citrix compatibility.  Some other mfgrs list TS/Citrix compatibility on their driver download pages so that can be useful too.  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us