Question : Windows Update fails code 80070490

I am currently running Windows Server 2008 on an HP ProLiant DL360 G5 server. It was working fine up until a month or so ago when a particular Windows Update continuously failed. The error code associated with the failing is 80070490. The particular update that keeps failing has an id of KB967723. I did a little research into this problem and the common solution seemed to be to reinstall the entire operating system. Is this really the only solution to this problem? I would like to avoid doing this at all costs but I want to be able to install this update. I might have to leave work pretty soon, so I might not respond quickly to any answers, but when I get back, I will be sure to check this post out. Thanks for any help that anyone can give.

Answer : Windows Update fails code 80070490

Thanks for the post wraithbone, but I actually just figured this one out on my own. I uninstalled the update that corresponded with KB967723 and did a fresh install manually from a Windows Update website. After the manual install, it seems to now be working great.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us