Question : Xbox 360 live wireless G vs N router

I have a wireless g router hooked to 6MBPS cable internet.  Everyone is telling me I should upgrade the router to a wireless N and get the xbox wireless N network adapter.  They tell me if I stick with the wirless G router, I'll experience lag when playing games in xbox live.

My question is, if the wireless G is 54MBPS to the XBOX and only 6MBPS to the internet, why would upping to an N router which would be 108MBPS to the XBOX but still only be at 6MBPS to the internet make a difference with lag?  Is it really necessary or will the G router I have work just fine?

Answer : Xbox 360 live wireless G vs N router

The difference between G & N are two things (other then speed), N can run on two difference frequencies, 2.5 & 5 Ghz, this gives an advantage when there are say wireless phones, microwaves, etc...  The other advantage is the distance it can travel...

Since you only have 6 MBit/s you would not be taking advantage of the speed part... If you do not experience any problems with your G network I would personally not upgrade... Its up to your if you would like to be on the cutting edge but if your game runs full speed, no lag, I would not upgrade.

You can also look into routers such as the GameLounge ones from DLink with have GameFuel... Packet prioritization to make sure you don't have lag...

Don't upgrade if your not having any problems on the internet, waste of money..  Your G network is just fine if you don't experience any issues.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us