Question : how to batch rename files without extension to .wpd files

i have thousands of files that dont have extensions on them to rename then to *.wpd files.  how do i go about doing this since they dont have extensions in the first place?  i am familiar with the rename dos command if they hae extensions but since they dont im stuck..can anyone help?

Answer : how to batch rename files without extension to .wpd files

even if they do not have extensions still you can use this command.
Place all files in a single folder better in the root of a partition better in c: and better to name the folder an easy name like a for example.  So for example you placed the folder named a in the c: root and you placed all your files in folder a
Open a dos command window and write the following in succession and press enter after every command
cd\
cd a
ren *.* *.wpd

and you are done
Please take care while writing dos commands because the spaces are important so in the second line there is a space between cd and a
in the third line there is a space between ren and *.* and another space between *.* and *.wpd
If you placed your folder in another partition then replace the first command by the partition letter followed by : so for example if it is d then the commands will be like this
d:
cd a
ren *.* *.wpd
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us