Question : How to prevent "Request Timed Out" error in aspx pages? How to increase the timeout?

Hi EE,
We have an ASP.NET 2.0 page, which retrieves lots of data from Oracle when "Submit" button is clicked by the user. By the time, data is retrieved from the database, I get the following error:

Server Error in '/Banking' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request timed out.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:
[HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]

I already increased the Connect Timeout to a high value in Web Config:

Even if the value of the Connect Timeout in the above line is high, I get the error message is less than 90 seconds.
How should I go about preventing this error?
I have to solve this problem as soon as possible, and the DBAs are not going to update the queries now.
Please let me know what has to be done.
Many Thanks in advance,
regards
DreamChaser

Answer : How to prevent "Request Timed Out" error in aspx pages? How to increase the timeout?

Microsoft post at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825739 seems to be describing your problem
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us