Question : Help Access Expression Syntax

Hello, this is kind of a contuation of a previous post at http://www.experts-exchange.com/Microsoft/Development/MS_Access/Q_24943482.html.

I am trying to create an expression (if this is the proper way of doing so) to pull the date from a form called "Report Chooser" - the full location of where the date is entered on the form is Forms![Report Chooser]![txtDateChooser]

Here is what I have so far but it doesnt work - it disappears after I build it. I only want the current year, Jan 1 to end of year info to be displayed.
Between Forms![Report Chooser]![txtDateChooser] and dateserial(Year(Forms![Report Chooser]![txtDateChooser] )+1,1,0)

In summary, what Im trying to do is I want to show the SS#, FirstName, LastName, and the SUM of "OtherDeductions" that have the values of ("11", "13", "14" ,"15", "16", "44") in the "DeductionCode" for the current year. Please be specific, im not good with Access.
Thanks

Answer : Help Access Expression Syntax

Hi romerico

The problem is in your fourth column.  It should be as follows:

Field: CheckDate
Table: PR_23PerptHistoryDetail1
Total: Where
Show:
Criteria: Between Forms![Report Chooser]![txtDateChooser] and dateserial(Year(Forms![Report Chooser]![txtDateChooser] )+1,1,0)

Note that this will include entries from the selected date to the end of the year.  It will give an entire year only if the selected date is January 1.

--
Graham

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us