Question : Connecting an Exisitng Database to Sharepoint

We have an in house Database created in Access that we would like to have connected to a sharepoint web site that we are creating.  We have a factory that needs to get some information out of the access database in a timely fashion and sharepoint seems to be the best way to get them the information that they need.  I have not been able to find out how to get my current access forms and reports to show in sharepoint.   I can see how to get a sharepoint list to become an access table, but can't find out how to do the reverse of that.  

In essence what I am looking for is a way to show an access report or form in sharepoint.  If neither of those are possible then a query would work fine so long as it queried current information in the database.  

Just to rule out a couple of options, for some security reasons we do not want to have microsoft office installed on the computers that the factory workers will be using.  We also have been using sharepoint for a short time as an internal messageboard and the factory guys are getting used to the look and feel of sharepoint, and we do not want to add any extra complexity to their setup as most of them are fairly computer illiterate.  I also do not want to have to create a table or list in sharepoint and push it to access, because we have 10 years of data in the access database and it would be time and cost prohibitive to recreate that information.  We need to keep the existing data that is in access and simply have it show in sharepoint.  

Thanks for any help!

Answer : Connecting an Exisitng Database to Sharepoint

I'm afraid that none of the stuff I have looked at for sharepoint  indicates that you can work this way.
I am aware that you could develop a web-based app using say Frontpage which used Access data and ran on sharepoint but that is a long way from having Access forms and reports available in sharepoint.
But as I said at the outset, I am just starting with sharepoint so I may well be missing something fundamental here.

Pete
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us