Question : C drive is filling up with Live Update Downloads

On our Windows 2003 SP1 server, there is Symantec 10.1 antivirus software and console installed plus backup exec 11d. I have noticed the past few weeks, the C drive filling up. I noticed that in c:\document & settings\All users\Application data\Symantec\Live update\downloads folder receives 50MB files every week. What are they exactly and are they necessary??

What can I do to lessen these files? can i delete them?

Answer : C drive is filling up with Live Update Downloads

you can safely delete them but leave at least the last 4 they are about 50mb each just leave the last 4 and you should be ok.

also you can try configuring your live update settings in the client update cache
open symantec av client then click on file->live updates ->the live updates window will be displayed then click on options then select configure the liveupdate configure window will show 5 tabs General, ftp, httt , isp,  update cache cilck on the update cache then click on remove all files from cache.

Also while you are at it change the maximun disk space used for storying updates to your liking.
let me know if you need further assistance.

Also this settings are controlled by the parent and can be disabled from access. if the group to which  your exchange server belongs has the option to do not allow clients to launch live update then you will not be able to change the settings in the way which i described above.

liveupdatechachedsettings
liveupdatechachedsettings

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us