Question : InfoPath 2007: Error on file open, "InfoPath cannot create a new, blank form"

Using InfoPath 2007 on Windows XP Pro, I am getting the following error when attempting to open an .xsn file.

Error text: "InfoPath cannot create a new, blank form. InfoPath cannot open the form. To fix this problem, contact your system administrator."

Details text, with user ID deleted: "Form template: file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\[USER]\Desktop\CampaignClientData.xsn
InfoPath cannot open the selected form because of an error in the form's code.
Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\InfoPath\FormCache2\6A5461F1.95D\73dce841eaefb7c8$436aa79551041df\CampaignClientData.dll' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest."

I've developed in .NET using Visual Studio, but I'm not at all familiar with InfoPath. What do I need to do in order to successfully open the form for editing?

Answer : InfoPath 2007: Error on file open, "InfoPath cannot create a new, blank form"

No. :)
I'm not sure what OS you're running but if you go to -
C:\Documents and Settings\"USER"
Delete that folder. Again make sure you make a copy of it somewhere. Either on a server or just rename it. Then restart. Log back in. It should create a new profile for you. Try to open up the form then. Then pull docs, bookmarks, pics, etc from old profile into the new one.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us