Question : "Database could not recover. Contact Technical Support."  (with link to logs)

Hiya folks.

To celebrate halloween, my database died last night (this morning).  

Last night, before going home, I kicked off a long stored procedure, which is supposed to 1)  backup the database (which needless to say failed) and 2) do a large (8 million or so records) bulk insert.  

When I got into work this morning, I noticed that after 8 hours (it usually only takes 4) the process had timed out.  This appears to have been caused by the drive on which the database resides, filling up.

I attempted to stop and restart SQL server, with no success.  I attempted to shut down with no success.  I finally was forced to power-cycle the machine.

When the machine booted, the log reports the following

* Starting up database 'MYDB'.
* Analysis of database 'MYDB' (7) is 10% complete (approximately 4 more seconds)
* ForwardLogBlockReadAheadAsync: Operating system error 997(Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.) encountered.
* Operating system error 997(Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.) on device 'E:\MYDB\MSSQL\MYDB_Log.LDF' during ForwardLogBlockReadAheadAsync.
* Operating system error 997(Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.) on device 'E:\MYDB\MSSQL\MYDB_Log.LDF' during ForwardLogBlockReadAheadAsync.
* Error: 3414, Severity: 21, State: 1
* Database 'MYDB' (database ID 7) could not recover. Contact Technical Support..

After rebooting the machine, I get (and have gotten subsequently) the following message:

Bypassing recovery for database 'MYDB' because it is marked SUSPECT.

Here is a link to the pertinent System Events and the Pertinent SQL Server Entrie, with time stamps:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/i/jim_v/tech/log.txt

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jim

Answer : "Database could not recover. Contact Technical Support."  (with link to logs)

Points refunded and question closed.

Netminder
CS Moderator
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us