Question : Access 2007 Database Created on Windows & Does Nothing When Opened on XP

I donate time to our local food pantry and I modified the Charitable_Contributions.accdb database, which is available on the MS web site, to improve the data entry flow.  I made all of my modifications on a 64 bit Windows 7 system running Office 2007.  When I was done with it, I tried to move it to several 32 bit XP systems also running Office 2007.  When I open the database, either normally or while holding down the shift key, nothing happens.  I see the hour glass for a second or two and then nothing happens.  At first I got an error that msado15.dll wasn't installed, but I followed a link in another forum and got that resolved, but still no luck getting the database to do anything.  

I've copied the database from the XP systems back to the Windows 7 system, and I can open it without any issues.  The permissions are fine.  I'm at a loss as to what's going on.  

I split the UI from the database using the Database Tools/Access Database wizard.  I can open the data portion of the database (Charitable_Contributions_be.accdb) without any issues, but I can't open the UI section.  I tried deleting the linked tables from the UI and importing the tables, but that didn't help.

I've placed a copy of the UI section of the database at
http://mcs-inc.net/Charitable_Contributions.accdb

Any suggestions that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

-- Geoff

Answer : Access 2007 Database Created on Windows & Does Nothing When Opened on XP

I have downloaded the File and it gave me a problem and it look like file is corrupted, so I have created a empty access file and imported all the object and everything seems to be working fine, try that!!!!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us