Question : Web Browsers crash XP

I am repairing a Dell Laptop (Inspiron 1501) here which has developed a problem I can;t resolve so easily. Each time I launch the IE8 or Firefox 3.5, the machine locks up totally.....total freeze. This happens within 2 minutes of opening ANY browser. When no browser is open, the Laptop chugs along without a problem.

I have tried to explore the cause of this and the nearest I have got so far is that the problem may be due to CPU overheating. I say this because after checking out the Event Viewer, there are errors which coincide with the crashes and they read like this "(Source AMDK8) The ACPI 2.0_PCT object returned an invalid value if 3".
I looked on some other forums and most contributors were saying that this was related to CPU Heat issues. I installed SpeedFan on the Laptop and monitored the CPU temp which didn't exceed 50c...even during the crash.

Help required....I need to get this Laptop fixed and returned to client!

Answer : Web Browsers crash XP

and you've tried resetting the internet explorer - Tools - internet options - advanced - reset (including deleting personal settings). and restart IE ?
my thoguhts...
what about links in emails?
look at re-installing the graphic drivers, re-install IE , apply all XP services packs (now up to SP3)
try Google's Chrome
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us