Question : Getting the error: The Ordinal 685 could be not located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll

On a relatively new install of Windows, I upgraded to IE 8.  the installation was a little flaky at first, but seemed to go ok.  At startup I then got an error saying iertutil.dll was missing.  Explorer wouldn't even start.  I downloaded the dll and now am getting the error in the title.  Explorer will still not start and if I do anything I have to open it through task mgr.  Even then I get the error 2 or 3 times, but at least stuff will eventually open.  I've looked on google, plenty of people with the same problem but no solutions.

The solution I see referenced the most links to a KB article on IBM's site that has since been removed.  Any ideas?

Answer : Getting the error: The Ordinal 685 could be not located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll

Have you tried removing IE8 and then reinstalling it again? I know it's an obvious suggestion but you didn't state you had and it'd be the first thing I'd try... :)

Pete
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us