Question : Microsoft Exchange unable to open default email folders

I have a client who wants me to take over their IT support but we have one user profile with a problem. It seems her user profile became corrupted, the previous IT guy (he's gone abroad but is still in contact) did the usual things with renaming the profile on local machine and afterward on the server. Her profile now works, is able to log in and access shared drives etc but Outlook still does not work. It says "Unable to open default email folders". Same thing when she tries to log on to a different workstation.
If anyone knows of a way to fix this, it would be appreciated, otherwise my next thought is to delete the account and create a new one, however how do I back up and restore her old emails in exchange?
I found a microsoft article regarding Recovery storage groups, this has not already been set up on the server and the article was not an easy read - anyone know of a good idiot's guide?

Answer : Microsoft Exchange unable to open default email folders

first owa will work remotely no problems

second the error of your exmerge is related to permissions and this typically means that the user running the exmerge doesn't have full permission on Sarah's mailbox
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us