Question : Access 2003 Queries wrongly prompting for parameters

I've modified another programmmers Access 2003 database (mdb) program.
Now he has modified the original and I'm trying to move his updates into my version.
It appears that the changes are only a few new reports and some table column-name changes. My code works aound his work and doesn't interact with it in any way.  Just some added features.

I've imported all the new tables, querys and reports. When I run the new querys via the database window "Open", some of them will prompt for a parameter like (generic reference) "Table.ColumnName".  From all examinations the query SQL looks perfect - nothing (apparent) was lost in the import.  When I run the same querys from his app, there is no prompt.

Can objects get broken when you import from one db to another? This sort of feels like the querys imported into my app can't find the prompted-for column. That column is new to a previously existing table - I imported the new table, deleted the old.

Is there a better technique for merging the new objects to my database? Or did it just 'get broken'?

Answer : Access 2003 Queries wrongly prompting for parameters

Ok, I had a chance to look at your DEV_CorpOrder Pool8.mdb and as mentioned earlier, the field name cannot be found in the underlying query.

Open your [z-rush orders1] select query and you will notice the field is named as shown below...

Expr1: LTL-UPS wt Break

This means you are selecting the [LTL-UPS wt Break] from your [Service Table] and you are renaming it to Expr1.

Remove the Expr1:  from the field name and it will work.

ET

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us