Question : PerformancePoint error - Cannot connect to data source

We recently installed PerformancePoint on a dev server to try it out. I have Dashboard Designer on my desktop, and SharePoint is installed on a different server. I am trying to create a data source connection to a SharePoint list, and am getting this error:

The PerformancePoint Server could not connect to the specified data source. Verify that either the current user or application pool user has Read permissions to the data source, depending on your security configuration. Also verify that all required connection information is provided and correct.

When I enter the url to the SharePoint site, it populates the drop-down with all the lists on that site, and I can choose the list I want. But if I click "Test Connection," I get the error.

The PPSMonitoringCentral, PPSMonitoringPreview, and PPSMonitoringWebService app pools are all using a domain account for their identity. The domain account has Full Control to the list on SharePoint.

How can I resolve this?

Answer : PerformancePoint error - Cannot connect to data source

The application pool of your performance point server must run under the same identity as the application pool of SharePoint. That should do the trick.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us