Question : Barracuda Message Archiver Outlook Add-in install with Group Policy

I am attempting to install a Outlook Add-In that is part of the Barracuda Message Archiver appliance. Basically it adds icons to Outlook for the user to search for archived messages and stub/unstub attachments. Stand alone the .MSI installs without issue. I am trying to roll this out to a number of users and want to install via a group policy. Barracuda has provided the msi and the template. Per instructions from Barracuda I add a admin template to the User configuration and changed a setting to point to the Mail Archivers URI. (URL). Then added the install package pointing to the msi under computer configuration  software settings  software installation. It is an Assigned deployment, with the other settings left at the defaults.

I have tested that the share is accessible via the test workstation. The problem lies in that the MSI does not install. Or does it? If I look in the Event Log I get a message that the add-in is installed, if I go to Add/Remove programs it says it is installed, but if I go into Outlook, no icons, nothing listed under add-ins under trust center. Tested with users in and out of local admin group, no change.

Ive tried a number of things but am not getting any closer to solving this problem. Any ideas?

Answer : Barracuda Message Archiver Outlook Add-in install with Group Policy

I solved my own problem. It's been a bad week for me, keep missing small details. Anyway my issue was that when applying the path for the msi I used the browse button to get to the msi file location and not the unc path. \\servername\share\barracuda.msi. So when the computer looked for the msi it was not at the location specified. Once that was fixed it worked like a charm.  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us