Question : Access Location Database

My Knowledge in Access is not very good so please forgive me. I need to catalouge, perferably in a database, a list of locations within a building that we have carried out works. What i would then like to be able to do is add documents to each location once they have been completed. How hard will this be to create or is there a database template that i can manipulate into what i am looking for.

Answer : Access Location Database

The simplest solution I've always found for attaching documents to a database is to create a share on a server for storing the documents, and then have a field in the database which has a data type of 'hyperlink'.  I advise users to save their documents in the share and then write some code which allows them to easily create a link to the document against the relevant record, using a standard Windows file dialog.  Subsequent users coming to that record need only to click on the link to open the 'attached' document.

It's not especially sophisticated but it does work well and it's simple.  The database doesn't grow in size because of documents being embedded (if that's even possible) and it's easy for an administrator to keep an eye on the attachments because they're just files in a shared folder.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us