Question : IE7 freezes on certain websites (w and w/out addons)

Ok.. I'm running Windows XP SP2. I just installed IE7 and latest updates... and for some reason, this problem only happens to some computers (not all).

I'm running a Dell Latitude D620 laptop, and when I try to access IE7 for the first time, you go thru that startup customer exp screen which I click all that stuff and click ok. IE7 SEEMS to work fine, until I hit certain websites. They're not flashy or weird websites either.. it would be tech pages from Microsoft, or government websites.. And no matter WHAT I DO, if I ever go to that specific website, IE just plain freezes. If I open task manager, it says IE is running, and system idle process at 99%.. and performance is minimal.. ranging from 0-1%.

I can't for the life of me figure out why this is happening. The freeze happens quite frequently. If I hit Google, it's ok. But if I hit another website, it freezes. And everytime I go back and try to revist that website, it freezes. The problem with this is that the # of websites it freezes on is probably 50% and I need to fix this ASAP.. Otherwise I'll have to revert back to IE6.. but of course I can't continue to do that forever..

HELP!!

Answer : IE7 freezes on certain websites (w and w/out addons)

Try removing the update KB902400.  I have had several systems lately with issues browsing even after a clean install and loading up patches.  Removing this patch solved my issues.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us