Question : How can I log on locally to a perimeter domain machine with a user from an internal domain account?

Hello - I have setup a domain controller in a DMZ outside our firewall, and have worked with Cisco to properly set up the correct ports to open for domain controller communication through the firewall.  The perimeter domain controller is named "LACOPS1" in domain "DMZ", and the inside domain is "LACOINC1".  What I want to do is to be able to log onto the LACOPS1 machine in the DMZ as a LACOINC1 user.  It is currently telling me "the local policy does not allow logging on interactively", so I am trying to change the policy setting on the DMZ controller under Domain Security Policy in the "Allow Interactive Logon" setting, but it is unable to find any users from the inside LACOINC1 domain.  there is a 2-way trust that has been setup between domains, and I have made entries in the LMHOSTS and HOSTS files for the inside domain controller, so I'm at a loss as to why I'm having trouble with the step of adding an inside user.

Thanks for your help

Answer : How can I log on locally to a perimeter domain machine with a user from an internal domain account?

Sorry, that command should be gpupdate /force

JJ
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us