Question : IBM X Series 225 - Cannot get see the hard Drive

Experts,  I had an X-Series 225 model 8647-3AX die on me this morning.  I went to "nuke" the machine and re-install the OS and ran into trouble.  I downloaded the RAID firmware from IBM.  I booted from the CD and hit F6.  I Picked the RAID controller and proceeded.  It saw the drives I formatted the drives.  It then proceeded to load the drivers for the controller from the floppy.  In the midst of that it notified me that it could not find a specific file.  There were no choices other than retry and quit.  So I quit.  Well it appears I have damaged the RAID controller in some way.  Now I cannot get the MS install CD to see any drives.  There is no option for booting to a RAID management utility and I cannot find one on the IBM site.  I was hoping that someone out there may have come across this or the least know of a good technical resource.  I would like to keep this machine even with its age. I appreciate the help and guidance.

Answer : IBM X Series 225 - Cannot get see the hard Drive

The x225 is a great server.

Retry the install using IBM ServerGuide which you can get here http://www-947.ibm.com/systems/support/supportsite.wss/docdisplay?lndocid=MIGR-5071615&brandind=5000008

You need version 7.4 for the x225

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us