Question : Moving Outlook Calendar Items to New Install

Hello Experts,

My computer system had become unstable, so I needed to do a complete system restore.  In addition to restoring the system files, I decided to start anew with Outlook.  I have been using the same PST file since 1997, and it is probably full of junk that I don't need.  However, I needed to transfer SOME of the data from it.  So, I backed up the Outlook.PST file with my other backed up files.

To get to my old Outlook data, I went into my new installation of Outlook and chose File>Open>Data  File Management, and Opened the old Outlook PST file, with the intention of deleting the entire thing once I got some of my data out of it.  Now, I have two "Personal Folders" in my Outlook Folder tree, the new one with just the basic sub folder setup, e.g., Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc., and the old Personal Folder with the standard sub folders, and all of my sub-sub-folders.

I was able to transfer  my Contacts from the old Personal Folder to the new Personal Folder by just viewing them in the old Personal Folder, selecting all of them, and dragging them into the new Personal Folder Contacts.  Simple enough.  I could also do this with Tasks, but old Tasks are the main thing I want to do away with.

The problem is getting my Calendar entries into the new Personal Folder.  I don't know how to select and drag them all, so I did not do that.  I tried exporting just the Calendar entries from the old Personal Folder to a PST file, then importing them to the new Personal Folder file, but Outlook just wanted to create yet another instance of the Personal Folders, so I cancelled out of that.

Now, I'm stuck.  How can I get my Outlook Calendar entries, preferably the only the current ones, from the old Personal Folder into the new Personal Folder?

As always, your help is most appreciated.

Thanks,

>Antonio

Answer : Moving Outlook Calendar Items to New Install

Hi

click on file then go to import and export then select import from another file or program
scroll down select PST file and then browse to the location of your .pst file and select one of the options on the next screen you will be able to select the calander and then import that.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us