Question : Problem with changing Record Source in Access

I know this can't be happening just to me, but does anyone know why, when I try to change the record source of a form, and click yes to the prompt asking me to save the changes, the record source doesn't change?  It still doesn't change after I click yes to save the changes to the form.  Sometimes, but not always, the changes take effect after I close out of the database and reopen it.  I am using Access 2007 to open a 2003 database, if that matters.

Answer : Problem with changing Record Source in Access

Is the record source of the form a saved query itself?  If so ... then if you are in form design, open the record source (query) by clicking on the 3 dots - then modify that (saved) query >> ie

"What I usually do is double click the field that I want to add.  Most recently, I attempted to (1) remove one query from the record source, and (2) replace a table in the record source with a query based on two tables."

>> then at *that* point, you have to save the query, *before* you go back to form design view. Otherwise, the changes you made to the saved query will not be ... saved.  This would not be the case IF ... your form's record source was a SQL statement that you created for that form.

mx
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us