Question : Outlook keeps asking for authentication

We are rolling out new computers, HP 5700 series, and we have Windows XP SP3 loaded with all the patches, Office Pro 2003, andwe connect to an exchange 2003 server.

When i giove a user a new computer and they launch outlook it opens fine and they can work.
When they close outlook they are prompted with a windows login dialogue box for username and password and it says connecting to "name of our domain controller" I can enter there login credentials and then they are ok. if i do nothing i am quickly prompted with "Your microsoft exchange server is unavailable retry, work offline cancel. if I cancel, I am back at the desktop.

Then microsoft outlook will not open, i am just prompted to login.

This is happening on more than one computer and it is only these new computers.

I could probably save the password then windows will not prompt me again.

We have multiple people login to the same machine throughout a week, so i would have to have each person click on save password, when they are prompted to re authenticate.

Why would this be happening?

Answer : Outlook keeps asking for authentication

We ended up removing Windows search, none of our older computers have the new Windows Search. Once this was removed the problem went away. Not sure if anyone can explain why this would have fixed our problem.  

No the user does not change password
Yes we have rebooted several times and the problem was still there

itkamara I didnt have time too check out your links, but i did look for the other part an couldn't find " my server requires authentication "

Either way, I'll keep this open till tomorrow. Then close and split up the points evenly. Maybe someone could explain why removing desktop search would fix this type of issue

Thanks

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us