Question : SSIS password Recovery or expiration

Hi Experts:

I have a few SSIS packages that were password-protected (their protection level is apparently EncryptAllWithPassword) by a developer who left the company and can't be reached anymore, and trying to open them gives the following error since the password can't be supplied:

Error loading 'Package.dtsx' : Failed to remove package protection with error 0xC0014037 "The package is encrypted with a password. The password was not specified, or is not correct.". This occurs in the CPackage::LoadFromXML method.

Is there any any way to open these packages? I have access to the administrator account originally used to create these packages and have other packages encrypted by the same person but using a different password that I know.

I have contacted a local Microsoft representative about the issue and so far they have only linked me to a a page describing how to set or change a password, which doesn't help because I need to open the package first or provide the old password. Has anyone been in a similar situation before or knows a way around this issue?

Answer : SSIS password Recovery or expiration

You should be able to open the solution file and either set it to EncryptSensitiveWithUserKey, or enter a new password in the package level properties (security section).
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us