Question : Access/Batch File

Experts,

I have a batch file which does the following:

1. Open an access database
2. Run a secondary batch file which uploads the database to an ftp

The database contains an autoexec macro which is designed to copy data which will be uploaded to the ftp. I have this batch file set up as a scheduled task in windows.

When I manually run the batch file, everything works perfectly. If I have my computer locked when the scheduled task runs, it also works perfectly. However, if I log out, the task seems to hang up. When I log back in after the task is supposed to run, I find that cmd.exe and msaccess.exe are both processes running in the task manager. Furthermore, there is a lock file on the database that will not go away until I kill the msaccess and cmd processes. I am sure that the credentials I set the task up with are correct since the task obviously starts to run.  I see no errors in any of the event logs.

Any ideas?

Answer : Access/Batch File

thenelson,

There is no difference related to this question in client and server OS. Authentication is done the same way.

MarkRod,

I assume it is an issue with the GUI. As long as noone is logged in, no GUI can be used, and that might stop Access (never tried it though). If this is the case, you can try to use psexec of the famous SysInternals suite (www.sysinternals.com, free; now owned by Microsoft). psexec -x can start a program on the local WinLogon screen. However, this only works as LocalSystem, so you still might have a permission issue.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us