Question : Home folder quotas - best method?

I just purchased a new server to host our general file shares and user home folders.  The server is running Windows 2003 Svr Std R2 SP2 and I have the file server role installed.  The user home folders are d:\userhomefolders\[username].

I would like to create quotas on each users home folder and I'm wondering what the best method of doing this is.  I can't create quotas at the volume level because there are other, non-quota folders on the volume, so I need to do this at folder level.  Since quotas are calculated based on ownership, I don't think I can apply the quota to d:\userhomefodlers either; I'm thinking it must be applied on each user's folder directly.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to approach this?  I wish it calculated quotas based on the size of the files in the folder and not based on ownership but I don't think it can be done.

Answer : Home folder quotas - best method?

Quota applies to users and not to folders (Correct me if I am wrong). As per my logic, you are going to restrict users to use specified space and not asking them to use 5GB space. If you do that, a single user can use this space also.
So quotas are user based and not folder based.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us