Question : Why is the system popping up after reboot with .NET Framework 2.0 required after Vista SP 64 to Win 7 64 upgrade?

I updated a PC from Vista SP1 64 bit to Win 7 Home Prem. 64 bit and I get this error message every  time I reboot:

".net Framework 2.0 is required to contine
Dowload from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads"

I looked in installed programs and did not see any .NET framework installed.  This was odd sinced I am use to seeing in add/rmv programs for XP, Vista,   I checked another Win 7 64 bit Professional and did not see .NET either..

Then I looked into .NET framework 2.0 - This is of course very old for XP and before it seems.   So why is my new Win 7 upgrade complaining it is missing.   I then saw you have to turn on .NET in Windows 7 (Turn Windows Features OFF and On.  I did this for .NET Framework 3.5.1.  Rebooted PC and still I see this error..

Can anyone tell me what is causing this, how to fixe this, and why .NET framework does not show up in add/rmv programs and it seems it optional for Win 7 Home Prem??

Thanks

Answer : Why is the system popping up after reboot with .NET Framework 2.0 required after Vista SP 64 to Win 7 64 upgrade?

.NET 3.5 is insatlled already.  I figured out the problem.  It was the Lexmark X6650 Softwae cauing the problem. I had the Vista 64 bit software still. I unisntalled this Program and the problem went away.  I then installed the Win 7 64 bit driver and no problem seen.  So this problem is closed.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us