Question : SharePoint custom Dispform.aspx not showing some column data

I have installed the helpdesk template from the fab 40 and have created a new dispform.aspx using SharePoint Designer 2007 to show a couple columns that I have created. I have attached a jpg that shows the original web part on top that shows the column data. The webpart at the bottom has highlighted the columns I have added and as you can see there is no data for two of the four I added.

The "Job ID" and "Comments" columns do show data (comments will only show the last text that you have typed, which I don't know why it can't show all the comments...) but the "Created by" and "Room #" will not show any data no matter how I format them. I just need to have these columns show the data but I can't figure out why they won't, so I have to be missing something.

Also, here is some of the code that Designer has for the Job ID (shows data) and Created by (doesn't show data) columns:

Job ID

alue-of select="format-number(@ID, "#,##0.;-#,##0.")" />

Created By

alue-of select="@Author" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

Answer : SharePoint custom Dispform.aspx not showing some column data

I have had a similar experience with a custom template where I needed to add a column and the column did not show up while displaying or editing the column. Here's what I did
Under List Settings for that particular list, I turned on the "Allow management of Content types" under Advanced Settings
Now I can see the content type that is used which is displayed above the column section.
Here I update the content type to add a new column make sure that it applies to all instances where the content type is used.
Now, I come to the list settings and then uncheck the option to allow management of content types.
Let me know if this helps you out.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us