Question : Certification renewal for OWA

Hello - We run Outlook Web Access on Exchange 2003 - SP2, Windows 2003 SP1. We have a front-end - Back-end mail configuration. We have a CA on our back-end exchange server. Our certificate for OWA just expired and I'm trying to renew it, but running into some trouble. Here's what I'm doing:

I go to our Front-end and go into IIS to Default Web site. I go into the properties of the default site and go to Directory Security, down to Server Certificate. I create the request to renew the current cert and sending it to a text file. When I go into CA to Submit a new request and select this text file, I get an error:

The Request contains no certificate template information. 0x80094801 (-2146875391). Denied by Policy Module 0x80094801, The request does not contain a certificate template extension or the CertificateTemplate request attribute.

Also, if I go into mmc and pull in the Certificates plug-in (for computers) I can see the certifcate used by the mail server. If I right click and go to renew it tells me:

You do not have permission to request a certificate based on the selected certificate template.

I've checked in certificate templates and verified my user account (administrator) and Domain computers have read/write/enroll permissions, so I'm a bit confused how I don't have access to it.

Any thoughts?

Answer : Certification renewal for OWA

You have to remove the old SSL certificate before you can create a new request. In most cases you can get a certificate in about 30 minutes, so that isn't a problem. When I have had timing issues in the past I have created a second dummy site somewhere, requested the certificate on that site, put the response in to that site, then immediately exported the certificate to a file and moved it.

Simon.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us