Question : Usa an Acrobat PDF as a Document Library Content Type Document Template

In WSS3 I have a Document Library with 3 content types so they can be used with the New button within the library to ease creation of new documents for that library. By default they are Microsoft Office Word documents for which the template is based. We have a requirement to have these template files be Acrobat PDFs. The PDF files are forms with editable fields that can electronically be fill in and saved to the library.

I have uploaded the PDF file as the template file. iFilter 6.0 for PDF is installed and works. The acobat icon appears beside Acrobat files within document libraries like expected. A PDF file can be "uploaded" to the library as expected. BUT the you use the New menu button to bring up the PDF template you get a Windows Internet Explorer (7) error stating the document could not be created. The required application may not be install properly, or the template for this library could not be opened.

Acrobat is configured to not open a PDF within a browser window (Edit | Preferences | Internet | Display PDF in browser (unchecked)) but within a separate Acrobat window. This works as expected. Acrobat is installed on the user's computer.

Any thoughts or new paths of investigation are welcomed and thanks in advance for all your help. Hopefully what we want to do can in fact be done. Please keep in mind I am very new to SharePoint. Thanks.

-Jason

Answer : Usa an Acrobat PDF as a Document Library Content Type Document Template

Have you looked at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa978104.aspx
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us