Question : There is insufficient system memory in resource pool 'internal' to run this query.  WE upgraded from a 32 bit, 4 GB, Windows 2003 server, SQL server 2005 machine to a 64 bit, 2 processor quad core, 8

There is insufficient system memory in resource pool 'internal' to run this query.

WE upgraded from a 32 bit, 4 GB, Windows 2003 server, SQL server 2005 machine to a 64 bit, 2 processor quad core, 8 GB Ram, Windows server 2008, SQL server 2008 machine.
We used to run some pretty heavy Stored procedures on the old sever.
But after we migrated to this new server, which is more powerful than the old one, we are hitting this issue - There is insufficient system memory in resource pool 'internal' to run this query.
Initally AWE was not enabled, and there min memory for SQL server was 0, and max memory was the default value, so the SQL server service was consuming the entire 8GB, and some of the jobs started failing due to insufficient memory in the internal resource pool.

I have enabled AWE, and set the min and max SQL memory settings to 5 GB, and that does not help either. What else could i do? The setting to the resource pools are still default settings, so please let me knwo if any tweak is required there.
Is AWE required on a 64 bit machine?

Please help.

Answer : There is insufficient system memory in resource pool 'internal' to run this query.  WE upgraded from a 32 bit, 4 GB, Windows 2003 server, SQL server 2005 machine to a 64 bit, 2 processor quad core, 8

The error was related to:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190730.aspx

Enable locak pages in memory option - needs to be activated.

According to MS china, this issue is very common for 64 bit installations of SQL server 2008.
I wonder why it is not a part of the instruction manual to install 64 bit SQL server.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us