Question : How to send large files by E-mail...

I have been frustrated trying to send a 1.5Mb zip file by
E-mail. I eventually had to break the data up into 9 .zip
files in order to send them.
I really thought that I would have been able to send a file
of that size by email attachment.
I have been evaluating Eudora 3.0 and Pegasus for Win32,
but I still get server errors.
Does anybody have experience sending large (over 1mb)
binary files via E-mail using Eudora or Pegasus Mail for Win32?
Perhaps you might be able to give me some advice on a less
frustrating way to handle this type of file transfer, in the
absence of an FTP server.

Thanks in advance for your help!  Regards!

Answer : How to send large files by E-mail...

DWeatherb: Unfortunately the ability to send large file attachments with any forn of email, regardless of what is used, is dictated by your ISP provider. Since I do not know weather you use a service such as Compuserve, MSN or AOL (or the like), or you reach the Internet through a local ISP and then access a content provider such as MSN etc, I can't give you specific information regarding your own individual service, however most services limit file sizes unless it is a FTP upload or download. As an example, AOL and Compuserve limit email file sizes to 1 meg.
Local ISP's usually limit file sizes depending upon the type of access they have, eg: T-1 or T-3 line to the Internet as well as the total bandwith of their service. As an example, if it's a small ISP having let's say 50 modems and they have 50 customers, they may limit a single file transfer to 500k. If you have a larger ISP like Bell Atlantic or AT&T, and depending upon the area you are in, rural as opposed to city, your limitations may go from 500k to unlimited. The first place to check would be with your ISP provider. If your not limited or your limitation is say 2meg, then the problem may be with your setup. Check with them, and in the meantime, provide some info on your system setup (computer type, memory size etc as well as what your using for email and we will try and optimize it.
Dennis
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us