Question : How to reinstall Vista USB Drivers?

I built a Vista Business laptop (HP Pavilion dv3510) and sent it to a remote user which behaved fine for about a week. I got a call from him a few days ago and said the behavior of the buttons on his mouse (USB) were reversed. I had him change (uncheck) the "swap left and right buttons" under Control Panel->Mouse. He swears he didn't change check it in the first place (I believe him).

Now he tells me his mouse doesn't work at all, and when he plugs the mouse in, he gets an error saying the mouse isn't functioning properly but he can plug the same mouse into an XP machine and it works fine.

My assumption is the drivers somehow got corrupted. If my assumption is correct, how would you reinstall the standard Microsoft USB drivers?

If my assumption is not neccessarilty correct, assisstance would be appreciated as to what the problem could be.

Thanks,

John  88{Q

Answer : How to reinstall Vista USB Drivers?

You will need to do this with the key board if the mouse is not working.

Go into the control panel and click system and maintenance look for device manager and click on the update device drivers.

Go to mice and other pointing devices and select the offending mouse driver and either try updating it or removing it.

You could also try plugging in another mouse to see if it works first and then delete the drivers from the device manager.

I would also recommend that you check to see if the USb port is working.  has your client tried plugging the mouse into a different USB port?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us