Question : Error 1073741482 upon startup

Computer:  Gateway laptop running XP Home Edition.
Fact pattern:
1.  Startup appears normal until logon screen appears.
2.  After a few seconds at the logon screen, a dialog box appears saying that This system is shutting down...This shutdown was initiated by NT Authority/System...Error #1073741482...C:\Windows\system 32\services.exe.
3.  The dialog box with the error message is timed so it goes away after about 45 seconds.
4.  After the dialog box with the error message goes away, the logon screen is visible again and I can select OK to logon.
5.  The wallpaper appears right away but it takes FOREVER to get the desktop icons and task bar to show (maybe 15-20 minutes).
6.  Once the desktop icons are visible, I can apparently run MS Office apps with no problems.
7.  Cntrl-Alt=Del works but takes a long time to show.

I've tried turning off the computer and restarting.  No change.  I'm not sure where to go from here.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Darin

Answer : Error 1073741482 upon startup

It's good that it did backup you're data as it states :)
Both products are fine. Other examples of free versions is Avast anti-virus and Malwarebytes.

The free versions of SAS and Mbam dont provide a resident shield, but run their programs to scan your system once in a while.

A good paid anti-virus is Eset Nod32.

Also make sure you get all windows updates and latest adobe flash player and java version.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us