Question : Can I add additional SSL cerificate for single domain?

I have a single domain server running Windows 2003 Server & Excahnge 2003.

I recently purchased a SSL Certificate from GoDaddy and created a CSR for mail.mydomain.us and works fine. I purchased an additional SSL Certificate from GoDaddy to be applied to www.mydomain.com. When I attempted to create a new Server Certificate in IIS6, the wizard only gives me option of "renew" or "remove" the current certificate. As you can tell, I am very new to this and my line of thinking at the time was to purchase an SSL for each FQDN (ie. www.mydomain.us, FTP.mydomain.us).  

So my question is this, can I create a new server certificate in IIS6 for www.mydomain.us, and if yes how? Or, should I just go with a wild card option (*.mydomain.us). I know GoDaddy will allow me to create a new SSL with wildcard, but can I just edit the existing mail.mydomain.us certificate and create a new CSR for it?

Thanks.

Answer : Can I add additional SSL cerificate for single domain?

Since you already have a cert installed to that site, you would have to remove the cert first in order to generate a CSR for a wildcard.  I wouldn't recommend doing this because you don't want to create any downtime that you dont have to.

All you need to do is create a new dummy website in IIS, or if there is already a site on there that is not in use then use that.  From that site, generate your new CSR for the wildcard cert.  The thing to remember when requesting a Wildcard is that your common name that you enter into the CSR must say *.mydomain.us .  Once you have the new cert installed, then you can go back to your mail site and replace it with the wildcard.

Many of the cert providers will give you a refund if you just purchased the cert within the last week or so, so hopefully you can do that with your mail cert.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us