Question : runtime problem -acc97

Hello!
I have an Access97 application- a runtime version which was working just fine on a PC that didn't haveOffice97. Improvements were made - I added charts to the app and some minor changes to forms.
After this, the new runtime version was created (during this the ODE recognized usage of charts and acted accordingly). Now, when starting the new app on that PC without Office97, there is a warning message about graphs(something wrong) and after that the charts were displayed . Now, the user encountered additional problem -he can't add new records to a form that didn't change since previous version - the app presents a message and collapses. One other difference is that this time the data mdb was not included during the creation of the runtime (since it already contains a lot of data in it's tables) and was copied to user's PC manually. The previous version of the app was uninstalled prior to new installation. What is wrong? (i used the MSGraph.Chart.8)
TIA, Lina

Answer : runtime problem -acc97

Hi lina10,
It sounds like the directory path for the linked .mdb file may have changed. build some code that allows for the linked path to be refreshed. Also make sure you have a reference to MSGraph.8 defined and that the .olb file is included with the setup.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us