Question : Office Communications Server 2007 info

HI all,
A client has asked me to look into setting up Office Communications Server 2007 for them, they have 2 sites connected via an ADSL broadband vpn link. At either site there is a 2003 DC / Exchange 2007 box both on the same domain and replicating AD, there are 12 users in one office and 5 in the other. I can see that Office Communications Server 2007 would provide IM etc but I have some questions: would i need a dedicated server in either office to run it and if so I guess it would need to be a member server already? How well would it work across a broadband vpn link to provide the communication features between offices? If you take away the conferencing / voip features is it really worth it for a glorified IM application?
Ant help would be very much appreciated.
Andy

Answer : Office Communications Server 2007 info

Well, there is a catch in my sentence, the Microsoft Codec is bandwidth self adjustable, calls can be done even over 15 KB bandwidth with no loss, thansk to the dynamic codec it will optimise its usage based on the available bandwidth. so it will range from 20 KB to 128 KB.

I believe that it will work perfectly on the ADSL link I have this setup several times.

you can run OCS on either Windows 2003 or 2008 but they must be x64 bit.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us