Question : Can you delete OCS Address Book groups?

After hours of fighting with OCS and getting it setup and syncing the address book, I started to build the contact list with LCSaddcontacts.wsf Everything was going great until I realized that I forgot my quotes around "Technology Dept." resulting in the group being called "Technology". I tried a /delete however it will delete the contacts, but not the group itself. At this point its so clobbered I do not mind even starting the address book from scratch (without reinstalling web component if possible). Is it possible to delete the group itself from the corporate address book? I was hoping to use OCSCM however it doesn't load correctly on the server (very common error, and it seems that the company abandoned  the project, or something)

Anyway, I am stuck here with a few groups that I would like to be just removed, or renamed.

OCS 2007 R2
Server 2008 R2 (virtualized)

Answer : Can you delete OCS Address Book groups?

This group that you added is not added to the corporate address book but to each user account in the SQL database.

If you use Exchange Distribution lists that would be the best way to manage the groups instead of manual group creation.

I've attached a modified LCSAddContacts.txt file that you'll need to rename to .wsf and you can use it to delete the Group.

Modified to allow Communicator group deletion.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us