Question : Error when attaching database after move.

We recently replaced servers here at the zoo, including a move from MS SQL 2000 to 2005 Standard. We had four databases running on the old server - Gateway, Zoo, TimeClockPlus and RE7. The first three moved and reattached with no problems, and are working just like they should. However, the RE7 database, for Blackbaud's Razor's Edge, pukes on every attempt, including going back as far as February 1's backups (the earliest I have on hand).

When attempting to attach the database in Management Studio, I get the following error:

Attach database failed for Server 'servername'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)
Additional Information:
An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.
(Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)
Possible schema corruption. Run DBCC CHECKCATALOG.
Converting database 'RE7' from version 539 to the current version 611.
Database 'RE7' running the upgrade step from version 539 to version 551. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error:211)

So, according to the new version, there was supposedly some kind of update in progress, once upon a time, that didn't finish, except it didn't happen. And, it only tinkered with that database, and none of the others, since they all attached like they should have.?

Any ideas, folks? I REALLY need to get this thing back online, before the mutiny begins and the lynch mob comes calling.

Answer : Error when attaching database after move.

Sorry about yesterday, Got tied up with a Client.
Added my Email and Windows messenger info on personal web site

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us