Question : Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise continually tries to reinstall

My system is running Windows Vista Business.   I installed MS Office 2007, but, every time I start any office program, the installer starts.   If I cancel the installer dialog box, I'm able to use the program  (Word, Excel, PP, etc).  However, when starting the program again, the installer tries to run again.  When I try to run Excel, also an error message pops up with an "stdole32.dll" missing error.

I've tried several solutions that are on here that worked for other people:

0.  Used "Control Panel"  Add/Remove to remove several times and reinstall.
1.  I've used the Microsoft uninstall tool to uninstall 3 times.  And, then, reinstalled office.
2.  After running the uninstall tool,  I've cleaned the registry, cleaned uneeded files.
3.  I've tried running from the /program files/office/......   directory each program.  For Word this
allowed me to start Word once without the installer running.  However, the next time I ran Word
the installer started again.
4.   Tried running the repair option in Add/Remove.
5.  Updated the Microsoft installer to the latest for Win Vista.

None of the above solutions have worked for me......

To make matters worse, I use Frontpage 2000 on the same computer without a problem.  However,
after trying to get MS Office 2007 to work, my Frontpage started doing the same thing as Office 2007.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Answer : Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise continually tries to reinstall

jcrdsl77,

Just for laughs.  Make *sure* you download *all* the :
Service Packs
Hotfixes

For Office *and* Windows.

For example, many people think SP1 for Office 2007 is all they need, but there has been at least 1 "Hotfix" released after SP1 was issued,

Go to the MS Site and make *Sure* you have all the latest updates.

If that does not work, then the only thing left to do is to contact Microsoft directly.

JeffCoachman
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us