Question : Problem with Default User Profile

I have a server 2003 network with Folder Redirection implemented for desktop files and my documents, and roaming profiles implemented for user settings.

I would like to configure a base default user profile. I have follwed the steps below:
1) create a local user account
2) logon and add my computer and internet explorer shortcuts and change wallpaper
3)logoff
4)logon as an administrator
5)copy profile to \\hnt-svr-001\netlogon\Default User            permitted to use everyone

The problem is when a new user logs on, they get the shortcuts, but not the wallpaper - even if i use a built in windows xp wallpaper
and if the user goes in to their mapped n: which points to their redirected desktop, - it says the username of the account that i created the profile on - ie. profilecreator's music and profilecreator's pictures.

Can anyone help??? - it is really urgent

Thank you

Andrew

Answer : Problem with Default User Profile

i have solved both problems:

1) the problem with the default user profile name. what i was doing wrong is that when i was copying it to the server, i copied it straight to netlogon - this time i copied it to another share and then copied and pasted the profile to the netlogon share and it changed from profile's pictures to my pictures etc.

2) the wallpaper has to be a .bmp not .jpg as .jpg's do not get copied over when i copied the user profile to use as the default user profile.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

Andrew
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us