Question : How to edit a column in a list box control and update back to the Table in Access.

Hello, Its been a while I worked in MIcrosft(VBA) applications and my BOSS asked me to help my co-team lead who has an Access 200 database in which he has some tables,queries,forms and reports and one of the forms shows a listbox control which shows data and he multi selects the rows and updates them to a query. HE wants a column which says REquires documentation and he need to edit that column on the form saying yes or no and update them back to the query.In the Past I worked with flexgrid in which i inserted textbox and when i try to add the flexgrid activex control it asks me to register and no matter how i do i am unable to do so and moreover is there anything else i can do this task? how about combo box but there is no multiselect in that I think. PLease help me with this if possible giving me some code sample and an appropriate way to do so.If i have to use flexgrid let me know I can I register?

THanks,

Answer : How to edit a column in a list box control and update back to the Table in Access.

Indeed the subform will allow you to edit data within it (you could lock the other controls except the relevant one to be edited - of course the underlying query would have to be an updateable one :-)

If you move to a subform - you'll have to allow a different way of selecting rows of course - as there is no multi select (just a currently selected row).
Some might recommend an extra field in the table (a boolean "Selected" field).
But I personally much prefer a separate table with just the ID field of the main table's PK and the boolean "Selected" field - outer join to that and then in the form selecting the field makes the new table hold the IDs of the selected records.

(Sorry, am I waffling again? :-)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us