Question : Locking down a 2003 Terminal Server with a 2008 GPO

I am curious if anyone has any pointers or any links to a site(s) that show how to lock down a 2003 terminal server which I have running as a virtual server on a 2008 system. I have come across numerous links on how to lock down a 2003 terminal server, but nothing about which policies to use when running the server in a 2008 server environment.

Answer : Locking down a 2003 Terminal Server with a 2008 GPO

The policy setting is there when using GPMC in 2008, but is a little bit relocated.
The policy settings has been grouped under Policies and the path for the loopback processing setting in GPMC2008 is as below. For the most settings, just add Policies between 'Computer Configuration' and 'Administrative Templates'.

Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\System\Group Policy\User Group Policy loopback processing mode

If unsure where the policy setting is located, you find all settings at the same place when looking in

Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\All Settings

The GPMC tool downloadable from the link above can be installed on any XP/2003 machine that you want to use for GPO management to avoid the nead to logon to DC. It's just a management tool that works remote from any member computer in the domain.
So, yes for your question about if GPMC can be installed on the TS, but it isn't necessary.

ADUC and some other AD-tools can be installed from adminpak.msi located in \win2003servername\admin$\system32\adminpak.msi
In Vista and above, the tools are part of RSAT (Remote Server Administrative Tools).
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us